Monday, November 9, 2009

I'm a "real" adult now...

So I figure that having a mortgage now qualifies me as a real adult. I finally bit the bullet and bought my own place. I would have done so years ago, but I wanted to wait until I was done with my graduate degree. Since I graduated in August and have no more tuition to pay, it was time!

It has been so much fun. I took a day off work and Kristy came over and we went shopping for all of the stuff you need that you didn't realize you needed, like a garbage can, toaster, broom, microwave and the list goes on. Here are a few pictures from the moving in process and of the house.


Kristy had to take a picture of our Target excursion... It looks like I'm a contestant on Supermarket Sweep!



After we made it home with all the goods, Kristy helped me to assemble...



Here we are after hanging up pictures and finishing all of our assembling projects



A different view of the living room that shows my favorite feature of the room... the red wall!



The kitchen



Joe and Dave are going to come put shelves in my garage and hang some hooks so I have a place to hang my bikes. It is so fun to have a real home... a home of my own. I have the place to myself for this month before I have a roommate move in and I am enjoying it thoroughly!

6 comments:

  1. Wow! So exciting!!!!! I guess I won't be a "real" adult for quite some time.... :) Your place is adorable! I can't believe you own your own home! That is amazing! Can't wait to see you later this month! I'll call you when it gets closer so that we can plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jessi, your place looks great. I love the red temple picture, wall and lamps. I love it. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You somehow left out the pictures of your playroom. Whats with that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie Ruth!!! WHAT... YOU HAVE A HOUSE!!! I need to visit you asap so I can see your adorable abode. I miss and love you to pieces!
    Post more pictures :) Where is your house?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess,

    I love your new place!!! I can't wait to bring some kids over to jump on your glass table and color on your walls!! hee, hee, hee!

    I am thrilled for you! There is nothing like having a place of your own. I can't wait to see it in person. CONGRATS!
    Love,
    Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay jessi!!! i had no idea! you know, my annual christmas shopping trip without the fam is coming up, maybe we'll have to get together again. i would love to see your home. congratulations jess!

    ReplyDelete