Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sipi Falls

Our first weekend off, we decided to head to a place quite a few hours away called Sipi Falls. It might as well have been called the Garden of Eden. It was the most beautiful place I have ever laid my eyes upon. We repelled down a 300 meter waterfall. There was a full rainbow that was perfectly placed behind the incredible fall as we decended and it was surrounded by green. Pictures will be posted when I get home.

We almost didn't make it there and that is a whole story all by itself, but I won't get into that here. We did make it and that is what is important...

I got my hair braided. I now have long ringlet type twists all over my head. You could say I now look half African now... It's kind of crazy!

I am spending the majority of my time in the schools here and doing teacher trainings, but I am also helping with many other projects, such as the Aids Extravaganza and the Eye Camp that we have coming up. Life is busy.

There is so much to say, but so little time to say it. Uganda is extremely different from our culture in about every way possible, but I am enjoying my experience thus far. My next post will share everything about our 3 day safari next weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I want to see pics of paradise and your hair in braids. I'm always amazed with how much you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess! What the heck are you doing in Uganda? My word, you get more adventurous every day. I lay on the couch and don't leave the couch most days :D I'm glad you can see the world and enjoy it, what fun! I can't wait to see pictures of it all! Take care and be safe, I'm glad you have a guard...I sound like a mother!

    ReplyDelete