Saturday, September 17, 2011

Still Racing...

I recently started a new exercise program called "Insanity" and let me tell you, it is truly insane! The best part is...

I love every minute of it!

I am dripping sweat by the time the warm up is over but...

I love every minute of it!

It works me at an intensity level that I have never been worked before and...

I love every minute of it!!!

I wanted to start the program months ago, but figured I couldn't properly train for a race (in regards to getting miles in) and do this program at the same time, so I figured I better wait until my race was over. Here are some photos from the race. I did the Utah Marathon Relay, where each team has five runners that run approximatly 5.2 miles each to complete a full marathon. I was really pleased with the results and I had a great time as always. This is my fifth year in a row to run this particular race!

Our team took seventh overall and second out of all of the co-ed teams. However, the co-ed team that beat us only had one girl on their team, which in my mind doesn't truly qualify for a co-ed team. It doesn't sound like I am making up excuses does it?

The starting line...


Waiting to cheer Tanner (runner one) one. I was the next runner, can you tell by the look on my face?


Waiting in the chute to get the official hand off from Tanner. I thought the sun made for a very aesthetic photo!


When I saw this picture, I couldn't figure out what in the world I was doing. Apparently I was stretching...


After the race... Yeah for being done!


Here is an intro to my team. Runner One, Tanner Beckstrand


Runner Two: Me!


Runner 3: Barry Beckstrand (the principal at my school)


Runner Four: My roommate Kari Newman


Runner Five: Jake Rees


What a great race! Now for a little insanity!

3 comments:

  1. Nicely done my friend!! You are looking smokin' hot by the way :) This insanity thing sounds interesting...I will have to look it up :) Can't wait to see you SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH How fun! I miss that race so much! And, guess what Ryan and I just started Insanity as well, isn't it INSANE?! I'm glad you are enjoying it! Tell everyone at Westmore I say HI!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to the Dr. and I just looked up the insanity thing- sounds pretty awesome, and you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete