Saturday, January 3, 2009

Wicked at the Pantages



I was elated when I heard that the broadway play "Wicked" was coming to Salt Lake. However, due to season ticket holders and pre-sales, tickets were sold out before the box office officially opened them for sale to the public. You can imagine my disappointment after months of awaiting it's arrival. However, I didn't stay down long... I figured I'd just have to go to LA instead. I've always wanted to go to the Pantages Theater, so I figured this gave me good reason. I thought I'd go sometime in the summer, but then I found out that after being in LA for over a year, the last performance of Wicked was to be on January 11th.

I am usually a pretty planned out person, but I pulled a spontaneous move and decided to go over the Christmas break. I knew that my friend Jordan would be up for the adventure and I was right. An hour after making the decision, we had our plane and theater tickets all ready to go. I guess I do have a spontaneous streak to me after all!
So on New Years Eve, Jordan and I flew to CA and saw the long awaited Wicked. It of course was phenomenal and the theater was incredible. Due to many mishaps along the way (such as having our airline tickets being given away and having to fly to San Diego instead) we had a great adventure.

9 comments:

  1. Jess, you look beautiful! It's going to be WICKED cool (they say that all the time out here) to keep up with you on your blog. You are such an inspiration to me to get out there more and have some adventures! I need to kick my butt in gear (once the snow melts) and start running again and enter some East coast races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I don't know if you know, but I have a blog too! kahmannskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jessie!!! Fun to see you!!! You look great, you must be running still...one of my goals for the new year is to become a runner. I loved Wicked too, it's a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray for blogging! I love the blogging world. It is pretty much the only way I stay in touch with people these days. You are looking happy and wonderful. come check us out.
    granderplan.blogspot.com
    p.s. this is haley by the way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Jessie, what a great start for 2009...
    Love u,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess! I am so happy to be found by you! I miss you tons. You come up in conversation every now and then and I love to look back at the good old days. I am sooooo incredibly jealous of you going to Wicked. I want to go so bad, I think I may have to go to LA...it's the only one close and since it is playing so often, the only one to get tickets for. I have wanted to see it for years. I am obsessed with the music - I'm so glad you got to see it. And you must still be in Utah. We still come down every September, so we will have to hook up with you this year! So fun to be in touch again. My email is charlie7880@hotmail.com and now I can find you! Take care, Berg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm sooo glad you finally started a blog. I'm so jealous you went to L.A. to see Wicked. I bet that was so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessie- it looks like you had a great time! I loved wicked (although I wasn't so spontaneous.) Like a true Jensen (or more accurate- Barton) I had to have every detail planned. I've got you on my blog so I look forward to checking in. Your cousin Andrea

    ReplyDelete