Sunday, January 18, 2009

Curling at the Olympic Oval

I took a trip to the Olympic Oval with some friends this past weekend to try this crazy sport called... curling? I mean who ever though such a crazy event could be considered a sport worthy of the Olympics. Brushing ice with a broom... pushing a stone across the ice?

However, I must admit, it was more enjoyable than expected. We had an instructor that tried to give us the rules, but I wasn't very good at following them. One rule for example was that you aren't supposed to cross your feet over one another as you go down the ice "sweeping" for the stone. I broke that one about every time down.


I much preferred to push the stone for others to sweep then doing the sweeping myself. However, I do have a bruise on my knee... :)

1 comment:

  1. Jessie, this reminds me of your hockey class freshman year. I guess you did the figure skating right? Good times.

    ReplyDelete