Monday, April 13, 2009

What every girl needs...



I recently purchased a pair of red shoes. It is always fun and exciting to buy something new to wear, but I was shocked at how excited I was as I purchased this particular pair of shoes. My excitement didn't come from the fact that they were new, it didn't come from that fact that they were a cute style, but it was that they were RED. I decided that EVERY girl needs to own at least one pair of red shoes.

The first day I wore my new red shoes, I was in Salt Lake and I noticed a little girl walking in front of me. She had a cute little blue and white spring dress on... but she ALSO had on bright, shiny red shoes. She had a skip to her step and I realized that regardless of age, owning a pair of red shoes does something for any aged girl. I'm not even sure what that "something" is exactly, but it is good...



I guess there is a little bit of Dorthy in all of us...

11 comments:

  1. Didn't we just see this post on Annie's blog? I tell you, you two are practically the same person...

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off, love. love, love the shoes. I do not have a pair of red shoes and after reading your blog I really want some now!

    Also, totally random, but a few nights ago you were in my dream. I was totally lost at a park in Provo/Orem area and I didn't know who to ask for directions and there you were playing Ultimate Freesbie with a bunch of people. I was so excited to find you and you helped me on my way! I know kind of strange but when I woke up I was like "I miss Jessie!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about RED shoes. I too have a pair and I LOVE them! :)

    I miss my favorite red head!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree...no wardrobe is complete without a pair of red shoes!! Yours are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too fun. My pair of red shoes are red with white polka dots. Mike surprised me with them one Mother's Day. I never knew how much I would like having red shoes until I had them, too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In response to your text this morning: I don't have a password on my blog, I think I must have had my profile access on some private setting. our blog address is mikeandtia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Red shoes are the best, they have some kind of magical mysterious power. Thanks for stopping by our blog. So glad you had fun with Ida and Steve. Take care, Denis & Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here, here! You know that I of all people agree! I have several pairs of red shoes...I wore a pair under my wedding dress! Yours are SUPER cute, by the way! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit I don't own a pair of red shoes yet. Maybe I should. I'm curious if the brand of those shoes are Ecco? I think that's how you spell it? I just bought some today at Nordstrom, they look very similiar to yours just silver. Oh how I love new shoes.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I forget, do you own a pair of Chacos...no closet is complete without a pair of Chacos as well

    ReplyDelete
  11. i, too, have a pair of red shoes. and i LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete