Saturday, April 4, 2009

Team Jensen... Family Bonding Time


I had the privilege of running the Provo Half Marathon Relay this morning with my brother. Team Jensen we like to call ourselves. I love to run. However, there is something extra cool about being able to share SOMETHING I love with SOMEONE I love. Earlier this year, we both ran in the Alpine School District Administrators 5K and were both able to place first... Joe for the boys and myself for the girls. At the meeting where we were given our award, we were referenced as "Team Jensen" and it stuck.

I ran the first leg at today's race, which was just shy of 6 1/2 miles and Joe ran the second leg. Aside from trying to stay warm from the wind and snow, the race went great. Our time was just over 1 hour and 37 minutes. We placed first in the co-ed relay division and we took third overall for the relays. It was a great race. I hope we can do it again next year.

Getting ready for the race to start



Trying to stay warm as I waited for Joe to finish



Joe pushing it into the finish line



After the race...



Here is a video of the pass-off exchange. I'm in the red shorts and Joe is in all black...

5 comments:

  1. Good Job! you are amazing. Tell Joe good job too. When are we going to see you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jess!-I did a relay recently in St. George. It is so fun! You guys are awesome! I can't believe you placed 1st for the 5k and 1st in the co-ed team for the relay. Go team Jensen!!! I'm looking forward to the first Saturday in June to get together.YAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, Jessie!! How fun to see how you're doing and catch tidbits of the rest of your family in it. Yes, we definitely miss keeping in touch more with the Smith side of the family. Glad to see you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete