Wednesday, September 16, 2009

So I told a falsehood...


So my last post saying that I am "all raced out," is apparently a lie because this blog post is a call to you all, possibly a plea, to have you all come run a race with me. Let me explain...

This race is called the PiMi. I have a friend that started this race two years ago as a way to raise money for a charity. They invited me to be a part of the team that puts on the race last year and I am now an official member of the "PiMi" team. Pi stands for the number 3.14 and Mi stands for mile, creating a 3.14 mile race... in case you hadn't put two and two together yet...

Really long number, really short race. This year there is not only a 5K, but there is also an option to do a 10K relay. I have five good reasons why you should run this race... hear me out...

Reason #1: All of the proceeds go to a charity... this year being the Women's and Children's Crisis Center. There are so many that have so much less than we do and this is a great way to help out some of those folks.

Reason #2: If you know me, you probably know a lot of my friends... many of whom have already committed to run. Yes, this includes co-workers, neighbors, friends, my chiropractor... what better race to run than one with friends!

Reason #3: Everyone needs a little motivation to get in better shape!

Reason #4: You can be a part of the elite group of people who own a t-shirt that has a "pi" symbol on the back. Everyone who sees you will think you are extra smart.

Reason #5: Consider it a birthday present...

The date of the race is Saturday, October 10th. If you are interested, check out the website to register at

thepimi.com

Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

  1. jessie you make me laugh, I knew you could not take a break from racing:) you go girl, I would totally do it if I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds way fun, but I leave for St. Thomas that day. Thanks for the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to run this! I will be pretty slow, but I will be there! I did it last year, the day after I found out I was pregnant! :) I was sad when you said you were all raced out! I was hoping you would run this one! See you there!

    ReplyDelete