Thursday, March 11, 2010

Times like these...

I was working late in my classroom one night (nothing new) and out the blue, these three great kids sauntered into my classroom...


If you can't tell the resemblance, these three are siblings. In my past 6 years of teaching, all three of these kids were my students. The youngest is in my class right now and the oldest is now in 8th grade at the junior high. The oldest invited me to come see him run at his track meet coming up. Will I be there? You bet I will.

It is visits from past students like these that make me remember all the late nights in the classroom are well, well worth it. It gives me hope to think that I actually am making a difference.

2 comments:

  1. I love keeping in touch with my kids. One way I have been keeping up with them lately is through Facebook. It has been fun to see what they are up to. It is crazy to think that my first class is going to be turning 16 this year. NO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so fun! And crazy to think that you've been teaching for long enough to have an eighth grade former student!

    ReplyDelete