Saturday, April 10, 2010

"Cheese" Party



A few weeks ago, I went to a "cheese party." You may ask, "Now miss Jensen, what in the world is a cheese party?" Well, it happens to be one of the coolest theme parties I have been to in a while. My friend Clay is the master mind behind the operation. Every person who came was asked to bring a different type of cheese along with a garnish to accompany it. (As you can see from the photo, I took grapes and crackers). To assure there were not a ton of duplicate cheeses, a google doc was created so people could sign up in advance, stating the type of cheese they were going to bring. We also had to bring a brief history behind the cheese, you know... Where does the cheese originate etc.

I thought the idea was brilliant and was thrilled to attend. I took a new type of cheese I had never purchased before. It was called Dubliner. The cheese originated in Ireland, named after Dublin, even though the cheese isn't actually produced in Dublin. I tasted many random cheeses that were new to me at the party, garnished with grape juice, fruit, fish, crackers and bread among other things, but my favorite ended up being Dubliner. I think I will definitely buy it again! For those interested in trying it, it can be purchased at Costco!

5 comments:

  1. Now THAT is Logan's kind of party!!! :) Don't worry a bit about my birthday! I didn't even think about it. We're sadly to the age where remembering all of our friends' birthdays gets awfully rough. There are just too many that you "should" remember, you know what I mean?! And yes, I LOOOOOOVE Gilmore Girls! I had never seen it, but had always heard good things about it, so I started watching them when Callum was an infant and all I ever did (at least it seemed like!) was sit and nurse him. LOVE THEM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good to me! I love cheese :) We got some the other day that was some sort of gourmet smoked cheese. It was.. different.. but good. It kinda just tasted like it had been sitting out on the barbaque for a while. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that April is National Grilled Cheese Month? That could be another fun cheese party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, I love the cheese party idea...I love cheese! who doesn't? So I had to play catch up on your blog...I am so glad to see all your adventures...and can I just say, I LOVE YOUR BANGS! you look so good. AND I am so happy to see a post of the Moab race....wow, I think about that all the time and all the memories I have of that. I'm so glad you are still out there doing it all. good for you. and I've heard people do have success with your ideas of race preparation. I don't think the driving at 2:30 is something I could do...I know it's not something I could do, but the rest are worth a try. Glad you survived and even enjoyed it. I miss laughing with you. Hope all is well! take care, Bergs :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! I have never thought of that, too bad I don't like cheese:(

    ReplyDelete