Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A long time coming...

A long time dream of mine is finally coming true! Not only do I own my own piano now, but I am taking piano lessons! Growing up I had many different teachers, but they were all folks who knew how to play well, but never had any training on how to teach. I was taught the notes, but never learned the basics of key signatures and other things. I get to take lessons now from a highly trained private teacher, that has run his own studio for over ten years. I am SO excited! Maybe the background in piano I have will now be able to actually be used for something worthwhile and productive!

3 comments:

  1. So exciting!!! You're awesome! I always assume it's to late for me. Which is so silly! I should take those 9 years of piano lessons (!) and reapply them to practicing so I can, you know, at least play the hymns! Yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome! Hopefully I will get the chance to hear you play some fabulous piano piece sometime SOON!! Miss you terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! And for us to play!

    ReplyDelete