Friday, January 14, 2011

A non-typical girls night out...


Just after Christmas, I joined in a girls night out with... ya know... the girls.

Girls night out however, doesn't always mean sitting by the pool, drinking cocktails and painting nails. I, along with two of my sister-in-laws and my mom decided to catch a movie. There weren't a lot of options, but the movie of choice turned out to be a shoot-em up, CIA type movie starring Bruce Willis. Which to be totally honest, I was thrilled about. I wasn't in the right state of mind for a romantic comedy at the time...

All four of us loved the movie.

Did it have explosions? Yes.

Guns and weapons? Yes.

Shootings? Yes.

Good and Bad guys? Yes.

Comedy? You better believe it.

We all thought it extremely funny that four girls chose such a movie for a "girls" night out. We apparently were not the only ones there for a "girls" night out however. Directly in front of us, there was another similar sized gathering. However, these weren't just girls, but ladies... three OLD ones to be exact. White hair, glasses, slow walk and all. These three women seemed to enjoy the movie as much as we did. While the activity was not the norm, the laughing, chatting and giggling was still present... with my group and the white-haired posse in front of us.

Apparently "girl's night" out has taken on a different form over the years... and ironically, I think I'm okay with that.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! You write so witty-ly. :) Love the image of the white haired posse at a Bruce Willis movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on the yesterday's comment on my blog, I have a feeling I know why you weren't in the mood for a romantic comedy. I'm sorry, Jessie! Thank you for being a great friend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved our little "girls night" too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! And that movie. So glad we could go again

    ReplyDelete