Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My thoughts on Valentine's Day...

So I'll be honest... Valentine's Day has never been a favorite of mine. In fact, I have never liked it at any age or time in my life... not even when I was little. It generally always brought disappointment of one sort or another and I think the whole pretense behind it is kind of... well... lame. Setting aside one day that is meant for celebrating those you love? How about celebrating those you love every day?

Just a thought...

However, while I would really rather the day pass as quickly as possible, I decided that I should change my attitude about it a little. Many people think of Valentine's day as a day to celebrate only "romantic" relationships... Maybe this perception comes from the fact that most of my friends refer to it as "single's awareness day"...

Not this year.

Not for me.

Am I single? Yes.

Does that matter? No

Valentine's Day this year is going to be different. I want to use this day as a chance to tell all of my incredible, unique and devoted friends and family, that love, care and support me so intensely, that I love you.

I love you deeply.

I love that you are willing to love me regardless of my weaknesses.
I love that you put up with me, even when I may be having a hard day.
I love that we can laugh together.
I love that I can call you for no particular reason, but we can still talk for hours.
I love that we have things in common.
I love that we are unique and like different things.
I love that we can remain friends even if I don't see you every day, week, month or even every year for that matter...
I love your sense of humor.
I love that we can have fun together when doing absolutely nothing.
I love your willingness to follow the Savior.
I love you for being a good example.

I could go on and on, but at this time I want to say thank you. I TRULY am grateful for the many mortal angels that God has placed in my life that help me in my weaknesses and imperfections. This Valentine's Day, I truly have much to celebrate.

7 comments:

  1. I love Jess everyday ;) not just valentines! All the days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a terrible commenter, but i read your blog religiously. one of these days, i'd like to see you, maybe if i get down to the valley we could ikea together? and jessie, i love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You almost made me cry! I love you so much and think about you all the time. I am one that doesn't even get to see you once a year but would love to go back to seeing you everyday! We seriously need to get together..it has been WAY too long! I love you my favorite red-head.
    Love your sky-scraper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie you will always be my favorite red head! love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too - -What Kristy said!!
    Love you Jess~
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! I love YOU, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Came across your blog...thanks for the post. I appreciate it and will be sure to tell all those people in my life I love them.

    ReplyDelete