Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day... Good or Bad?

If you read my post earlier this month, you would know that I have not always been a huge fan of Valentine's Day. However, I was determined to enjoy it this year and celebrate all of the people I love. Well, the day proved to be wonderful. Here are a few reasons why... in no apparent order...


I got this beautiful and lovely smelling bottle of perfume in the mail from my amazing sister. When I went to Seattle over New Years, we went shopping together and found this perfume. I fell in love with it, but didn't get it seeing it was not a need. Jody, knowing I loved it, but wouldn't buy it for myself, purchased it and sent it to me for Valentine's Day. I was so excited! Plus, isn't that the coolest looking perfume bottle you've ever seen?


This picture shows just some of the Valentine goodies that I got from my students. The goodies aren't what made the day great, but being able to celebrate with my students was wonderful. (However, it probably isn't a great idea to post pictures with my students... so the goodie picture had to represent.) Our class party went fantastically... in fact, one of my all time favorite class parties and it was just a great day. Nothing like having little kids around to make a girl feel loved.


I enjoyed a visit from some of my previous students. These three kids in particular come visit me regularly, but it was extra special seeing them on the holiday. I love my students, present and past. Madi, the one of the right, comes to visit almost daily, bringing me a high five and hug with her. It doesn't get much better than that. (Oh, and don't worry, I got permission from all three parents to post this picture.)


I ate sugar. For those of you who know me well, I try to stay away from sugar. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but I try to refrain for a plethora of reasons. However, I decided not to care, seeing it was a holiday, and I ate a ton of it!! It however, proved to be to my benefit because later in the evening when I went running, I felt like bionic women! I was able to run farther and faster than I normally do and I felt great! Maybe sometimes sugar can do the body good!


I got to wear pink. However, I wanted to spread the cheer of pink with the rest of my team at school and we made plans to all wear the same pink. Yes, we're the bomb teachers. The kids thought it was great.

One of the best parts of the day (no picture for this one) was that I was out at 5:30 AM dropping off some special Valentine's for some special friends of mine. I wanted to be to work shortly after 6, so I had to get an early start, but it put me in a great mood for the day. Then for dinner, I participated in what I like to call a "biker chick" reunion. I have a few friends that I go to Moab with each year for a biking weekend. The four of us take our mountain bikes down, get a hotel, bike all day and then relax. We decided that a once a year biking trip in Moab wasn't enough however, so periodically, we get together and go to dinner. It was so great to see them and get the update on the wonderful things that are going on in their lives.

I am so blessed to have so many people to love. Thank you all who took a part in making the day such a great one!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds wonderful! You had a much more exciting Valentine's Day than I did, I'll tell you that much! I do have a sweetheart, but he didn't do a darn thing for me. (He's a great husband day-to-day, but stinks at events.) I ended up watching a Bachelor at a friend's house while I did my laundry. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I got a valentine from you, it really was the best way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete