Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Long Distance...



See the handsome man pictured above?

Handsome man = Long Distance

On the 24th of June, I flew out to Newfoundland Canada to visit my brother and his wife. This was a fantastic adventure and one I had been looking forward to, but it was also a rather bittersweet embarkment. While I was gone, Scott (the fantastic guy pictures above) moved. Not to another house...

No, that would be too easy...

To another state...

He started a Physical Therapy Graduate program this week. This means that when I returned home from Canada, he was no longer here. Long distance is not fun, but it can be done. Thank goodness for skype. It's nice to be able to see his face every day, even if it is two-dimensional.

We have many fun adventures planned for the months ahead and I will still get to see him as much as our schedules will allow. Until our next adventures, here are some photos from our last big trip. We went on a road trip with four other friends to Yosemite National Park. It was the first time for either of us to go and the trip was amazing. We hiked to the top of Yosemite Falls, which are the highest falls in the United States. I would love to go back some day. Here are some pictures to document our trip.























5 comments:

  1. Long distance DOES stink, but it's do-able! So glad you have a good man in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are cute together!

    So I know long distance can be tough but I know of a few people that it worked out very well for. :D Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute together! Plus, I know from first hand experience that long distance can be done. I dated Chris long distance for 6 months and then we got married. We didn't even have skype. So you will make it. I know you will. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessie! This post makes me happy (although you have the long distance thing which is NOT fun) you have a wonderful guy and you look incredibly happy! Yosemite is awesome :) Can't wait to see your next adventure together. Love your guts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! My long distance is officially over! It is totally worth it!! I am glad the skype is working out for you. That is what saved us! Hang in there...the first couple months are the hardest.

    ReplyDelete