Saturday, July 9, 2011

I'm a Hobbler

It has been a few years since I have done a half marathon, so I figured it was time again. I signed up to do one in Springville Canyon called "The Hobbler". I found this to be a very appropriate name, see that I am now walking like a Hobbler!



I followed a very strict schedule for twelve weeks trying to prepare, but I wasn't quite prepared for the downhill. Who ever thinks... Hey, I better go out and practice doing some downhills today?

Yeah, I know.

So I did plenty of miles and speed workouts, but I didn't train on the hills. I am pleased with my overall time, but my knees are super stiff and I have some pretty crazy blisters to show for it.

The best part of the day, besides the fact that the half marathon was over... was that these beautiful flowers came to my door. Two dozen beautiful roses. Scott couldn't be here for my race and he knew that I was super nervous about it. What an amazing guy.



3 comments:

  1. You are my hero! Seriously, way to go. And roses...that is a sign of a good guy. I'm excited to hear more about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!!! I like this guy! He's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally hear you on the downhill thing...that is how the marathon was for me. The knees are angry at you for a few days. Rest up :) LOVE the roses;)

    ReplyDelete