Monday, August 8, 2011

I'm shouting from the treetops...



In my past relationships, many people felt the need to ask me if I was engaged... all the time... They would ask me this on a regular basis... weekly even. They would even ask if I had only been dating this person for a few weeks...

Did these said people really think that I wouldn't tell them if I had gotten engaged? Did they think I was going to try to hide it from them? Try to keep it a secret?

I think not.

I told them in a joking manner (yet with major serious undertones) that when the blessed day came in which I found the right person to marry, I would be shouting the good news from the treetops.

They wouldn't have to ask to find out... I would definitely make sure they knew. No secrets.

Well folks, I am officially shouting from the treetops (figuratively speaking of course)...

This last weekend, Scott Allen asked me to marry him and I said yes!

I didn't know one person could experience such happiness. Scott was well worth the wait.. Scott is one of the most amazing people I know. First off, he is super skillful. He's got whistling skills, bow hunting skills, tie making skills...

But beyond his incredible skillset, he is loving, kind, a super hard worker, goal oriented, a family man and let's not forget the most important thing... he loves me as much as I love him. December 20th is the big day and I couldn't be more thrilled.

So in case any of you thought I might be keeping such news a secret, I am letting the cat out of the bag. I'm engaged!

12 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you! Love u Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me really happy...more than I can explain! Good luck with the planning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so so so so happy for you! I can tell that you are so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! I am so happy for you Jessie. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Jessers! Beautiful ring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hooray for jessie and scott! i saw your pictures and was thinking how happy you looked and what a cutie he is. i am so happy for you jess!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats girl!!! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so awesome Jessie! He must be fantastic if he's worthy of you. I'm so happy for the both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! I am thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hurray!!! So good to chat the other day...makes me wish you lived next door...hey that is an idea!!! How do you and Scott feel about AZ?? :) Can't wait till Dec 20th! LOVES

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats, Jessie! I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY!! We are so happy for you! The ring is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete