Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snowshoeing the Abajo's


Dustin and I just as we started the trek...

I got to go to the good old town of Monticello last weekend. I went with Dustin Randall and Morgan Barton (who are also from Monticello) and my friends Annie and Marianne. We snowshoed across the Abajo's to Bronson's cabin. We didn't get started until about 4:00 in the afternoon, so we only had about two hours of daylight. Our remaining three hours were in the dark with headlamps, but the snowshoeing was incredible! I loved how quiet it was and the stars in the country are a sight to behold. We stayed the night in the cabin (melting snow to make soup and hot cocoa) and snowshoed back out the next morning. It was an amazing trip and it was so good to be back on the Abajo's! We sang through quite a few verses of the Blue Mountain Song. "Blue Mountain your azure deep... blue mountain with sides so steep... blue mountain with horse head on your side, you have won my love to keep."



Here is the cabin with some mountain peaks in the background.




It was so much fun to tread our own path and not follow a trail.



Can you see the joy on our faces? :)



You better believe our cabin had an outhouse and it was a good 25 yards from the house for obvious reasons...


This is just after making it to the cabin after our 5 hour trek

3 comments:

  1. Jess! It looks like you guys had a blast! I Wish I could have seen you. I think the last time I saw you was when I was expecting Lilly, Not much has changed, I am probably about as pregnant as I was the last time you saw me.
    You Look so happy. We need to chit chat some time. I am looking forward to the reunion this summer.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the last time i went to bronson's cabin was with you for young womens. looks like fun...and i havn't seen dustin forever...all grown up now. hope you are coming to the reunion, i think we are planning on it.

    trisdan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are adventerous girl!!! I prefer the beach!:)

    ReplyDelete