Sunday, July 5, 2009

Nothing like the 4th of July...

The 4th of July in Provo is the best. Not only are there so many things to do with the Freedom Festival, but everyone in town participates. Talk about feeling patriotism! For those of you who know me well, you know that the day started out with a 5K. I ran with a couple friends. There were over 2,000 runners!



Following the race, we went to the parade. The highlight of the day however, was our bbq party. This was our 5th annual and it was a huge success. The boat of beverages made another appearance (which is my personal favorite). I love the 4th of July!

Here is Nate and I with the boat of beverages!


A view of our backyard from the balcony


Emily, Michelle, Nate and I (Nate and Emily both drove down from Arizona... It was so good to see them!)


We had quite the spread...


Nate and I enjoying the fantastic weather


Ian and Ryan were in charge of the barbequing


Joslyn, Kristy and I (Joslyn was our roommate before she got married)


Kristy and her soon to be husband Ryan (check out the view of the mountain)


Mom Plessman (Kristy's mom) was in town again and we were so glad! Here she is with Colton


The day was a great success! Quite the tradition...

4 comments:

  1. My favorite moment of the party (AKA "Party of the Century") was when the military planes did their stadium flyover and some kid came running full speed out of one of the condos to see and ran headlong into the screen door. Oh the memories...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That is way more than we did. You know how to celebrate! My favorite pic has to be the "boat of beverages" - what a great idea. We're speeding through summer. Aaaaaaaah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day! Love the boat of beverages! I can't believe how much you run! You're crazy! But you do look fab-u-lous, so it's paying off! So, I guess Nate is a cute boyfriend?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had so much fun! I'm glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete