Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowshoeing Season has Begun



Snowshoeing has begun! My friend Dustin Randall called and asked if I wanted to head home this weekend and snowshoe into Bronson's cabin. I couldn't resist. So I took a personal day from work, called my friend Christina and spontaneously headed down to Monticello to start the snowshoeing season out right. We met up with Dustin, Scott Frost, Morgan Barton, and their friend from Sweden named Linus. It was an amazing trip. The snow was great! Here is a little picture walk through our trip...

Here are the boys just after strapping their shoes on to head out


Christina and I were already ready to go...


My first slip of the trip... I stepped on my own show when I stopped to take a picture... When I tried to move, I went down pretty quick...


My friends have good taste in gear


We made it the cabin in just enough time to get a fire started and dinner cooking before the sun went down


We made tortilla soup and had jalapeno cheese bread... plus, a lot of "comfort" food as Linus liked to say...


Inside the cabin, packing up to head out


The group before leaving the cabin. Nice view of the mountain...


I thought this picture was quite a work of art... we all tried to catch the icicle just as it dripped


Check out the cool shadows from the trees


Scott crossing the meadow... another great view of the Abajo's...


The sunset on the drive home

3 comments:

  1. fun Jessie! your's is way more organized than mine, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had fun snowshoeing! We'll have to do our annual trek up AF canyon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so outdoorsy. I am amazed!

    ReplyDelete