Monday, June 6, 2011

Memorial Day Adventures


Over Memorial Day I went with Scott to Fillmore to see where he grew up. It was a day full of adventures. This picture was taken in front of a rock known as the Iron Curtain, but Scott's family refer to it as "Slobber Rock."


This picture actually shows the rock... can you see where the nick name came from? The rock is lava rock that cooled in a dripping formation that looked like slobber!

We hiked to some sweet Indian hieroglyphics that Scott and his siblings would hike to when growing up.


On our way back from our hiking and four wheeling adventures, we stopped and Scott shot a few "rock chucks". After which we went and sat in some well known hot pots that were the perfect temperature.

This picture is taken in front of his house.


Scott grew up on a dairy farm, so he grew up with 300 cows behind his house and lots of farm land. First thing in the morning, we went on a little four wheeler ride and I got a tour of the farm. It was so much fun.



The calf pens were probably my favorite. They each had their own little house and they were super cute.

Pretty much the weekend was amazing!

3 comments:

  1. :) I'm glad you had a great time. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so happy which make me SO happy :) Love all the pics! Love your guts! (ps did you text me the other day??--I lost your number---)

    ReplyDelete