Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Adventure #2... White Water and Jackson Hole


This face shows how I feel about new adventures!

When summer vacation hit (the school year ended), I decided to take a week to enjoy life. I am defending my thesis in two weeks and I have to completely move back into my classroom and plan my curriculum within the next month, so I figured a week off before jumping into things would be a healthy choice. As previously posted, adventure #1 was Havasupai. After being home only one day from that adventure, we took off for adventure #2... white water rafting the snake river and Jackson hole!!

The weather was 40 degrees and raining, so we had on full wet suits, multiple layers, rain jackets, you name it! It was freezing, but still well worth it.


Some of my favorite girls...


We were a little excited as we got to Jackso...


A little shopping...


Whoever thought of making a square ice cream scoop was brilliant!

What a great trip! Now, nose back to the grindstone...

3 comments:

  1. Okay, okay, I'll admit, it was me... I invented the square ice cream scoop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to Jackson Hole but have always wanted to, Scott actually almost got a job there about 2 years ago and so we would've been living there. You could've visited me:) oh well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. not so sure about the square ice cream scoop. i love how you have so many awesome adventures. those falls are incredible!

    ReplyDelete