Thursday, June 4, 2009

Three job changes in three years...


In the last 3 years I have made three job changes. In the 2006-07 school year, I taught third grade at Westmore Elementary. In 2007-2008 I was asked by my principal to be TSA, which stands for Teacher on Special Assignment, viewed by the public as assistant principal. Then last year I was approached by John Jesse, who is the Research and Evaluation director for the district and he asked if I would join their team at the District Office. So for the past year (2008-2009), I have worked as a TSA in the research and evaluation department.

In this position, I was over 18 of the elementary schools for their data and assessment needs. I did a lot of trainings and worked closely with a lot of principals and teachers. It has been a fantastic experience and I made so many good close friends. However, my heart is in teaching. I want to be back in the classroom and requested to return for the 2009-2010 school year. So as many of you know, I am going back to Westmore to teach 4th grade and I couldn't be more excited about it.

I will miss many of the aspects of my job now. One thing I will miss more than anything, is going on walks with my friend Barbara. Barbara likes to call me her "mini-me" because we are so much alike, except for the 25 or so year age difference of course. Barbara and I often met during our lunch break and would walk together through the cemetery across the street. It was a cherished time. I will miss the many friends I made and worked with, but I am onto a new adventure!

Barbara on one of our walks through the cemetery...


This is Carol, the secretary for our department...


Dixie (another secretary) Dave (my partner in crime) and April (TSA in math dept.)


A few more of my favorite colleagues...


Sometimes change is hard, but change is good. It keeps you on top of your game. I can't wait to get settled back into the classroom!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're heading back to the classroom. It's what you were made for! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck in the classroom! I bet you are such an awesome teacher. If I lived where you teach I would seriously do everything I could to make sure my kids got in your class!!

    ReplyDelete