Thursday, August 13, 2009

The World 's Second Greatest Calling



Okay, so we all know that the greatest calling in the world is that of parent. However, the second best calling is... AUNT! I may not have kids of my own at this particular time of my life, but I am lucky enough to be "Aunt Jessie" to twenty. While my sister Jody was here in town, her girls wanted to have a "girls" sleepover at my house. I was more than happy to oblige. There were only 6 of my 12 nieces in town, but we had a blast!

First off, two of my nephews joined us for a movie. We went to see Night at the Museum...

Followed by some pizza and games in my backyard...

A few hand games and sleepover fun!!




I love being an aunt.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, I just updated too. And found a new site for super cute blog backgrounds (including some orange ones). It's http://hotbliggityblog.com/

    As far as being an aunt, I have to say AMEN. Since I got married so late in life, I had a long time to claim the "favorite aunt" status. One of my nieces has that for my name in her cell phone. Yep, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie,

    I take it from the first pic that you finally went and had that nose-removal surgery you've always been talking about. I take it they also threw in the skin-bleaching treatment for free as well? Congratulations! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was proud to hold the title of "Aunt Julie the Magnificent" for years. Whenever my nephews would ask for something I would say, "Who's your favorite aunt?" And they would have to say "Aunt Julie the Magnificent." After that they could have whatever they wanted. :)
    There is something so special about being an aunt. Kind of like being a really really cool big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! You are such a great aunt!

    ReplyDelete