Saturday, August 29, 2009

Staying Informed...



I hate the feeling of ignorance. There are so many issues and debates going on in our country that I feel I know far to little about. Last year, I had the opportunity to do some campaigning for Jason Chaffetz, the man who replaced Chris Cannon as Utah's Representative. Last week, Jason spoke at a Town Hall meeting. I invited my roommate to attend with me. It was an open question/comment session open to the public. Aside from the few heated moments (which were actually hilarious) ...I loved being there.

I love learning new things about what is going on in our country and doing my part to be informed. Cherise and I created a list of things to look up and research as topics were discussed at the meeting that we had little background information on. I hope I have more opportunities in the near future to educate myself on more important current affairs, so I can voice an opinion with the confidence that I know what I am talking about.

I hope you all do the same! It is our job to make sure we keep informed! :)

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way, I hate not understanding what is going on. It drives me crazy I am trying harder to research more to find out more.

    ReplyDelete