Friday, May 15, 2009

Two things that make me happy...



So I have been planning on getting a new backpacking pack for some time now. I have a lot of trips this summer that necessitate such a piece of equipment and I have been very excited about getting one...

Thus, Thing #1 that makes me happy: Getting any kind of new gear (whether it be biking, running, camping... it doesn't matter. I love getting new gear for my adventures...)

I was trying out different packs at the store the other day trying to decide what I wanted. I found a 44 liter Osprey pack that I liked, but I wasn't sold on it quite yet. I had a black and gray one on my back and the clerk helping me said they also had it in yellow and blue. I asked if I could see the blue one. He went in the back to find it and he came back not with a blue one, but with an orange one. If there was any part of me that was unsure about this pack before, it was squashed out quick. As soon as I saw the orange I knew I had found the pack I wanted.

I chuckled to myself as I realized what a difference the color made in my being able to make my decision. I know this may sound silly, but there are some simple things in life that make us happy... thus

Thing #2 that makes me happy
: the color orange

Most of you who know me well at all, know that I love the color orange. It just makes me happy. As I started thinking about it, I realized that most of my gear is orange... (see a few examples in the pictures below)

My mountain bike...


My school backpack...


My chacos for river rafting...


My snowshoes and running shoes are also orange.

I had a friend back in the days of campus plaza that loved the color yellow. He even had a pair of yellow jeans... Pictures that! When I asked him why he liked yellow so much, he said because yellow made him happy. I thought that was kind of silly at the time, but I now understand. Orange is the color that makes me happy. I hope you all have a color that makes you happy. Remember, sometimes it's just the simple things...

I can't wait to use my new orange pack! It will take it's maiden voyage to Havasupi Falls in two weeks!

4 comments:

  1. Sam always says that yellow makes him happy. And you and Rachel are two peas in a pod with orange! For me everything is red. And for Laura pink. We Westover girls are true to our chosen colors. :) Even after living with you for a year and a half I never really thought of you as an outdoorsy girl. More of a theater vacation girl, like myself, but not as much of a camper, etc. CLEARLY I was wrong! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie,

    You should know by now that chacos are NOT for river rafting... or rather they are not ONLY for river rafting. They're also perfect for hiking, biking, running (the pi mi at the very least), looking fashiony, etc etc. Also, I'm happy to hear that orange makes you so happy but have you considered 1C376E? Its simply fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jessie, you make me laugh. Orange was the deciding factor lol! I am surprised you don't have an orange car :) Well you look pretty good in orange and I am glad it makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank heavens for Blogs! When I read this blog it was like sitting in the front room again and having a leisurely conversation like old times. You make me smile!

    ReplyDelete