Sunday, February 8, 2009

Snowshoeing at Tibble Fork

Geoffrey and I just after we made it to the top...

I have become a fanatic for snowshoeing. The more I go, the more I want to go. It is so addicting. It provides great quiet contemplative time as well as a lot of fun. There is nothing quite like being in nature's playground and having the noise and busy-ness of regular life tuned out for a little while. Plus, I've been told that it is the best form of cross-training for runners!

My boss at work decided I should be in charge of all snowshoeing trips for the year. He and his wife have been dying to do the Tibble Fork trail, which happens to be one of my favorites. So when he shouted at me from his office Friday afternoon with the weather forecast for the night being snowy, Saturday's trip was put into action. With the moisture in the valley being mostly rain, we didn't know what to expect in the mountains, but we gave it a try anyway. We were pleasantly surprised. The snow was moist, but new and we even got some fresh powder as we made our way to the top of the mountain.


Joe and Ashton in the meadow




John (my boss) was excited to be able to bring the dog...

2 comments:

  1. I have always thought that it was neat that you go snowshoeing it does look fun, but cold! It's good to hear from you. Hope all is well.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. snow shoeing is a blast. i wish we could get out more. we went a couple weekends ago and pulled the girls along on tubes. it was rainy though and we sunk so much that the snowshoes were almost not cutting it. marah kept losing her boot deep in the snow but the girls had fun tubing down the skii hill road though.

    ReplyDelete