Thursday, March 26, 2009

Back to Westmore I will go...

So this year I took a new job as a TSA in the Research and Evaluation department for Alpine School District. I love who I work with and I have learned an amazing amount of things. However, from day one, I have missed the students. I have missed the school atmosphere. I have missed being up and moving around. Over Christmas break, I made the decision that I wanted to return to the classroom. However, with budget cuts and all of the changes taking place next year, the normal teacher placement protocol has been changed quite a bit. I have been in limbo for a while not knowing where I was going to be placed. However, I just got the news last weekend that I get to return to Westmore in the 4th grade! I couldn't be more pleased. This is the exact school and grade I wanted. Westmore is like a second home for me. I love it there. My boss John promised me that he would "take care of me" and he kept his part of the bargain. Teaching... here I come! :)

6 comments:

  1. Cool! We're going to be coworkers! I have a boss named John too and after all of the juvenile people I've helped I've come to the conclusion that I, too, am really working in the 4th grade. Congratulations! I'm sure all of the little grommits have missed you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me tell you...I am absolutely GREEN with jealousy. Best grade, best school EVER! Wah! I'd love to come too, but I got a great job here with Lily. Mark is retiring, but you are the perfect person to replace him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I love it when things work out so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I am so glad! You belong in a classroom, not an office!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You are such a great teacher- those kids will be lucky to have you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news, Jessie! By the way, your blog address isn't included on your profile, so I had a heck of a time tracking it down. I'm so glad I finally did!

    ReplyDelete