Monday, March 16, 2009

The most beautiful country on earth...


I finally got to bike the White Rim Bike Trail in Canyonlands this last weekend. I went with my brother Joe, my brother-in-law Troy, my dad and Geoffrey. Joe also brought three of his kids. This trip beat all. It was amazing in every way. There is nothing quite like San Juan County to make one smile. Some of the most breathtaking sights you've ever seen. I rode 65 miles of the loop and loved every moment of it... except maybe for the sore backside I have from not being on my bike since last October...


Geoffrey and I getting ready to start Day 2


Geoffrey and the bike that got a lot of attention from all who passed by...


A sweet view of Ashton descending down a hill


Geoffrey and I at a nice overlook


Ashton is up front with Geoffrey and I following behind... what a view aye?


Down inside a sweet slot canyon...


Joe and Geoffrey ascending the last hill of the trail


Look at that drop off... we are such adventurers!


Joe was a master chef. We ate so well...


More food... Dad showing off his "buffness" :)



Haley and I during lunch of Day 1.


Even Annemerie rode parts of the trail!


My favorite brother in law Troy. I'm so glad he flew in for the trip.

5 comments:

  1. oh man.... i am never going to be as hardcore as you guys!
    Amazing pictures btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessie-you are always up to something exciting. What beautiful pictures. I am running a half marathon in Moab this Saturday, i'm excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, it looks like a blast! I will agree with you that San Juan County is the most beautiful country on earth! I just need to take advantage of it like you do! I even live here and I don't do as much as you. That is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks like so much fun! I can't wait till i have 2 functioning legs again! And... who's this Geoffery?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been meaning to comment on this since you posted. SOOOOO Awesome. You are great Jessie. You do the coolest things. Scott and I were both looking at this pics saying "that would be so fun" I probably am not in good enough shape to do it right now but maybe one day:)

    ReplyDelete